HTML (Hypertext Markup Language)
WHAT IS HTML?
Today we will learn what HTML is? How to learn? What is the full form of HTML? What is HTML Tag? As we know the HTML is a hypertext markup language. This is a language used to write web pages, whatever you see on any website, it is written in HTML (Hypertext Markup Language). It is used to create a basic structure of website such as paragraphs, headings, images, columns, etc. All is written in HTML.
Learning HTML is the first step towards web designing.
- Hypertext: Hypertext is also called hyperlink because it is the way by which the web page is explored. It is just a simple text, but it also puts any other text (hyperlink) with it or links.
- Markup: HTML uses “HTML Tag” to create web pages. Markup is normally to format the layout and style of the text, you can mark the text by tag, so it’s called markup.
- Language: HTML is a markup language because it uses coding to create web pages. Syntax of HTML and it is used in web development.
HTML FULL FORM
HTML is a markup language, whose full form is Hypertext Markup Language. This language is used to create a web document. The uses of HTML for Website Designing has been reduced because HTML is used only for the structure of the website, we use CSS to give its style.
Example of HTML Document
<!DOCTYPE> <html> <body> <h1>Write Your First Heading</h1> <p>Write Your First Paragraph.</p> </body> </html>
HISTORY OF HTML
HTML is developed by Tim Berners-Lee created HTML in 1989, and the Mosaic Browser launched its product for the general public. Which was developed by NCSA? It became popular in the 1990s when the Internet was developing rapidly. The fifth version of HTML is running, which was fully launched until 2014. In this fifth edition, many new features have been added. The approach of HTML developers is that all devices should be able to access data on the Internet: computers, browsers, mobile phones, etc. with different platforms.
HISTORY OF HTML VERSION
- HTML 1.0
- HTML 2.0
- HTML 3.0
- HTML 3.2
- HTML 4.0.1
- HTML 5.0
NOTE: XML (Extensible Markup Language) is XML based markup language. This version came after HTML 4.0.1. It was created by adding HTML to XML. Using XML, you can add the power of XML to your web pages.
FEATURES OF HTML
HTML5 enables us to create more interactive websites by embedding audio, video, and graphics on a web page. The objective of HTML5 is to make website coding easier for web developers.
- Browser Support
- Offline Application Cache
- Error Handling
- New Application Programming Interface (API)
- Web Storage
WHAT IS HTML TAGS
HTML tags are some words that are already reserved in HTML. HTML tags are hidden keywords within a web page, and each tag has a different meaning in the HTML. To create an HTML page, we need HTML tags that means HTML tags are made from HTML tags only. There are about 120 tags in HTML5, and the following are some common HTML tags. For example, <html> is the opening tag and </ html> is the closing tag.
- <html> Tag: This tag is used when we start typing an HTML page, which means that if we want to create a new HTML page, then first we start the page by typing <html> Will happen.
- <title> Tag: It’s important to have <title> tags in each HTML page. The <title> </ title> tag is used to write the title of the website.
- <head> Tag: It is important to have a <head> tag in each HTML page. The <title> tag is written inside this <head> </ head> tag.
- <body> Tag: <body> tag is the content area of a website that whatever content we see on any website, it is written inside this <body> </ body>.
- <p> Tag: <p> tag is paragraph if you type something inside <p> </ p> tag, then it is called paragraph.
- Header Tag: HTML consists of 6 types (<h1> to <h6>) of header tags. Which we use to maintain the title structure on our web page. <h1> the text size is the largest in the head and <h6> is the smallest in the title.
USE OF HTML
- HTML is mainly used for web designing. With the help of this, the following things can be done
- HTML is used to create web pages.
- HTML is used to use various mobile applications and web applications.
- HTML is always used as front end language to design a static page in web applications with programming languages.